Responsible for managing the purchasing function and the team of buyers that are responsible for managing on hand inventory.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators for Inventory, Fill Rate, Backorders, Inventory Turns, Stock Outs, and Past Due ETAs.
- Work with VP of Product Marketing on all major vendor negotiations related to inventory and Supply Chain optimization
- Work with Director of PM Operations on optimization of data exchange and cross departmental process improvement
- Establish collaborative, supportive relationship with sales department and key leaders.
- Act as business lead in setting up annual or semiannual vendor operational reviews
- Oversee vendor inventory forecasting and demand planning process to optimize inventory turns and product availability
- Consistently review stocking criterion at a product category, vendor, and regional basis to optimize in stock percentages at local DC level and balance overall carrying costs with cross shipping freight impacts
- Provide strong, proactive daily leadership to direct reports.
- A college degree required
- 5+ years experience in Purchasing leadership in a wholesale or resell business. Preferable experience in IT Consumables/office supplies, IT Hardware.
- Proven track record in driving optimization of inventory management in a multi-SKU, multivendor environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across multifunctional teams; strong interpersonal and judgment skills.
- Strong strategic thought process.
- Strong problem resolution skills – practical and logical.
- Able to manage multiple projects in a fast-moving environment and meet deadlines.
- Solid financial and planning skills.
About Supplies Network
Supplies Network is the largest privately owned wholesaler of IT consumables in the U.S. An early innovator of Managed Print Services, the company leverages top industry talent, a dedicated IT-Development team with experience in packaging SaaS services, and relationships with all segments of the print-provider value chain including major supplies manufacturers and dealers. In addition to being a leader in print management, Supplies Network specializes in IT supplies, equipment, office accessories and data storage media from 80 leading manufacturers. One- and two-day UPS ground delivery is available to 99% of the U.S. population. Visit www.suppliesnetwork.com for more information.