The primary objective for this position is to accelerate equipment growth to higher levels as an overlay sales function to increase direct customer engagement on this product category. The Equipment Advisor possesses specialized knowledge of Supplies Network’s printer offering and be able to provide hardware recommendations to the sales team and directly to customers. Equipment Advisors are tasked with inbound and outbound activity with customers as an overlay to the general sales organization.
Reporting to the Services & Solutions Sales Manager and located in our St. Charles, MO Headquarters, the Equipment Advisor’s major job functions include:
- Inbound/Outbound sales activity directly with customers
- Provide product recommendations to Supplies Network’s internal sales organization and external resellers
- Data mining opportunities specific to sponsoring vendors’ promotions and programs
- Working with MPS Advisors on hardware opportunities on new and existing contracts
- Provide central point of coordination for new product roll-outs
- Research/Understand technical aspects of key products
- Seek and share competitive pricing, programs, opportunities with SN Sales and PM
- Conduct Product Category Overviews with customers (1 to 1 and webinars)
- Assist in keeping the sales force informed on specials and manufacturer programs, etc.
- Assist in identifying and outlining possible solutions for any operational improvements needed, including but not limited to; sourcing, workflow, labeling, freight, and invoicing.
- Experience in sales and sales territory growth
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with long term problem resolution
- Intense time management and multi-tasking ability
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- History and/or background with equipment is not required as this knowledge can be gained through on the job training
About Supplies Network
Supplies Network is a national wholesale distributor offering a comprehensive line of imaging supplies, equipment, parts and thermal print products from over 80 leading manufacturers. Its award-winning Managed Print Services program offers a compelling array of services designed to minimize operational expense and risk while increasing profitability. Drop-ship orders feature reseller branding with available marketing messaging and reach 99% of customers within 1-2 days. Supplies Network is the single source for your imaging business. Visit www.suppliesnetwork.com for more information.