Distribution Management is currently seeking a positive and motivated shipping supervisor for its 233,000 SQ facility in Fresno, CA.
Reporting to the DC Manager, the Shipping Supervisor will:
- Provide leadership for a 15-20 person team responsible for accurately processing and rapidly shipping approximately 1700-2500 orders daily.
- Collaborate with the Management Team to develop and implement new processes to continually improve service quality for our customers.
- Motivate and engage team members ensuring high morale and provide support where needed.
- Overcoming challenges and evaluating operations to improve efficiency.
- Build and maintain strong cross-departmental, supplier and customer relationships.
- Preparing and analyzing distribution center reports to assess and enhance center performance.
- Knowledge of Labor Management Software
- Two plus years of demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience in a fast paced, automated distribution center environment.
- Experience with small package ecommerce and LTL/TL retail compliance shipments
- Comprehensive understanding of warehouse operations, technology and equipment.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- College degree preferred but not required.
- Physical demands
- Must be able to sit, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to manage stress experienced in meeting deadlines with tight scheduling requirements.
- Must be able to twist, squat reach above shoulder level and crouch on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to use proper lifting techniques to safely lift up to 50 pounds.
About Distribution Management
Distribution Management is a national technology, fulfillment and distribution provider specializing in automated order handling, fulfillment and shipping of small package goods. DM is able to reach 99% of the U.S. within two days from its four strategically located distribution centers. DM’s order accuracy rate of 99.98% is reflective of the operational excellence and efficiencies that have resulted from significant investment in technology and a dedicated IT development staff specializing in integration, automation and real-time reporting. The company operates Supplies Network, a wholesale distributor offering IT consumables, equipment and an award-winning Managed Print Services program, as well as DM Fulfillment, a value-add fulfillment provider to small and medium-sized businesses. Visit www.suppliesnetwork.com or www.dmfulfillment.com to learn more.