The Distribution Center Manager (DC Manager) is responsible for the success of our DC and to provide an excellent work environment for DM’s employees. This role must develop strategies and objectives to maximize productivity while managing to cost containment strategies. The DC Manager must analyze trends, identify opportunities, motivate and develop their staff to enhance the contribution of DC.
Reporting to the Director of DC Operations, the DC Manager will:
- Manage to ensure operational excellence in all areas of distribution, including efficient operations of warehouse management systems and related equipment, inventory management and product placement, and proper maintenance and organization of all distribution functions.
- Provide leadership and direction for a 50-70 person team; including Managers, Supervisors, Shipping/Receiving Clerks and Temporary/Seasonal Associates, who are responsible for accurately processing and rapidly shipping 4,000-8,000 orders daily as well as processing inbound receipts and replenishing inventory levels.
- Responsible for overall performance of the distribution center, including but not limited to, talent management, defining KPIs, meeting Service Level Agreements, safety and security,
- Collaborate with senior management to set Distribution Center (DC) policies and analyze KPIs
- Manages the relationship for all of distribution between the Distribution Center and DM’s Corporate Headquarters
- Analyzes operations data to maximize DC productivity and efficiency
- Reviews financial data to determine how efficiently the DC is using its space and labor
- Drives continuous improvement projects and cost control efficiencies for the business
- Leads the development and implementation of specialized logistics projects, such as IS, alternative transportation methods, and other areas of change management
- Assist in the onboarding and ongoing management of third party fulfillment clients to ensure optimal performance and metrics are achieved.
- Reviews and develops a variety of projects, serves on management teams, develops reports and recommendations, and presents them to management as required
- Recruit, mentor, train, and develop employees, conduct annual performance reviews and disciplinary meetings when necessary.
- Ensure a culture of safety by following safety policies and procedures.
- Five plus years of demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience in an automated distribution center environment
- Experience with small package Third Party Fulfillment Operations
- Experience managing to seasonal/peak volumes and 24/7 coverage
- Comprehensive understanding of warehouse operations, technology and equipment.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- College degree preferred but not required.
About Distribution Management
Distribution Management is a national technology, fulfillment and distribution provider specializing in automated order handling, fulfillment and shipping of small package goods. DM is able to reach 99% of the U.S. within two days from its four strategically located distribution centers. DM’s order accuracy rate of 99.98% is reflective of the operational excellence and efficiencies that have resulted from significant investment in technology and a dedicated IT development staff specializing in integration, automation and real-time reporting. The company operates Supplies Network, a wholesale distributor offering IT consumables, equipment and an award-winning Managed Print Services program, as well as DM Fulfillment, a value-add fulfillment provider to small and medium-sized businesses. Visit or to learn more.