Develop and guide new business channel by possessing specialized channel knowledge, understanding of e-commerce platforms, expansion of new customer relationships, and ability to qualify and recommend new vendor/manufacturer relationships. Position reports to Director of Business Development.
- Analyze, quantify, and forecast market opportunity
- Help define E-Commerce Channel “go to market strategy” and help craft E-Commerce business plan
- Determine and target best opportunity E-Commerce platforms to pursue and expand
- Research new items, categories and bundles not currently stocked at SN to sell via E-Commerce partners utilizing E-Commerce Sales Tools
- Engage vendors/manufacturers to develop non SN ink and toner related strategy
- Collaborate with PM for vendor/manufacturer on boarding
- Collaborate and oversee engagement around assignments focused on New Item/Bundle Setups
- Conduct a significant number of sales calls to present E-Commerce program
- Develop and retain relationship with appropriate E-Commerce key contacts
- Work with appropriate SN departments to align resources necessary to support
- Collaborate with SN marketing department on development of “value add” programs.
- Stay informed, and keep others informed of industry trends
- 4-year college degree (business degree preferred)
- 5+ experience in related position
- Sales and/or marketing experience required
- Effective at presenting to and communicating with business owners / principals.
- Strong business aptitude including solid understanding of financial statements, distribution / logistics, and B2B connectivity (internet, EDI, and back office systems)
- Ability to effectively present programs and concepts in addition to products.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong profiling and analytical skills.
- Strong creative thinking ability.
- Results oriented – strong execution and follow up behavior
- Business and industry reading interests
- Professional appearance, confident, articulate, persuasive
About Supplies Network
Supplies Network is the largest privately owned wholesaler of IT consumables in the U.S. An early innovator of Managed Print Services, the company leverages top industry talent, a dedicated IT-Development team with experience in packaging SaaS services, and relationships with all segments of the print-provider value chain including major supplies manufacturers and dealers. In addition to being a leader in print management, Supplies Network specializes in IT supplies, equipment, office accessories and data storage media from 80 leading manufacturers. One- and two-day UPS ground delivery is available to 99% of the U.S. population. Visit www.suppliesnetwork.com for more information.